An easy and delicious copycat recipe for Bang Bang Shrimp that is low carb and gluten free!Fried shrimp coated with a classic bang bang sauce and dinner is served in 15 minutes! The bang bang sauce in this recipe is absolutely delicious!
The bang bang sauce in this recipe is absolutely delicious! Once you make it, you will find yourself wanting to use it over and over again!
For the Shrimp
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Mild flavored Keto-friendly oil (for frying)
For the Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sambal (garlic or plain)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (see note below)
- 1 teaspoon swerve, confectioners
- 1 teaspoon scallions (green parts), sliced
- Note: If you want a little less spice add only 1-2 teaspoons of Sriracha.
Add the vinegar to the heavy cream, mix and set aside. In a separate bowl, add the mayonnaise, Sriracha, Sambal and swerve, mix to combine.
Pour the cream and vinegar mixture over the shrimp and toss to coat.
Heat a skillet to medium high and add your favorite mild flavored oil. Dip the shrimp in the coconut flour and fry 3-4 minutes, or until they are pink.
Coat the shrimp with the sauce, top with scallions and serve over a bed of mixed greens.
Saturated Fat 6g
Fiber 3g Sugar 2g